This website ("Website") is operated by Insmed ("Insmed" or "we" or "us").The Website is designed to introduce you to the clinical studies we are undertaking and to serve as an initial screening mechanism to determine if any of these clinical studies might be ones for which you might be eligible and in which you might wish to participate.
1. Information you provide
If you are interested in using the Website to find out if you are eligible for one of our clinical trials, you will need to provide us with sufficient information for us to determine your eligibility. As a first step, you will need to provide certain personal data about you, including:
- Your residential zip code and country;
- Whether you are an age from 18 to 85;
- Certain specific aspects of your health history and medical treatment in relation to Non-Cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (“NCFBE”); and
- Your childbearing status.
The collection of your health data is based on your implicit consent by voluntarily providing the data. If that information indicates you may be eligible for a study, you will also need to provide additional information, including:
- Your full name, email address, phone number, and preferred mode of being contacted.
2. Information we automatically collect
- your IP address, browser type and operating system;
- web pages that you view, and links that you click on, within the Website; and
- personal data collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies (please see Section 5 below for details).
3. How we process and use the personal data that we collect
Evaluating your eligibility for a study
We use the personal data that you provide to determine your eligibility for a clinical study we are conducting. We have designed the Website so that, except in the circumstances described in Section 5 below (about sharing of personal data), only your chosen study site will see the personal information you provide. Your chosen study site will use the information, including your phone number and email address, to contact you if the initial pre-screening indicates you may be eligible for a study and if you voluntarily provide us with your contact information.
We may use the personal data that we collect to fulfill your requests for information about the studies described on the Website.
Operation of our website
We use the information we collect through cookies and similar user tracking mechanisms to help operate and improve our Website, create statistics on the use of our Website and to ensure the security of our Website. (See Section 5 below for additional details.)
4. When and with whom we may share the personal data you provide
We value your privacy, and share personal data about our users only under certain circumstances. We may share information about you that we collect through the Website in the circumstances listed below:
- If you pass the pre-screening questionnaire, your chosen study site will receive the personal information you provide in order to contact you and discuss the study in further detail, via phone and/or email.
- We may employ third parties, including Neonstone Limited and OVH Limited, to perform Website-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and subject to the required contracts on data processing. We do not share any of your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for them to use in marketing their products or services to you.
- We may share personal data about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, or if required by law, and in other circumstances in which we have a good faith belief that sharing is necessary. We want the Website to be a safe and friendly community.
- We may share personal data about you to respond to legitimate requests or demands from law enforcement authorities.
- In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share personal data about you for any other purposes disclosed to you before we collect your personal data or pursuant to your consent.
5. How and why we automatically collect Website visitor information
As noted above, we automatically collect some information about visitors to the Website, including by using cookies.
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer's browser. Web sites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was using the Website;
- To help us customize the content you see when you use the Website; and
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, to monitor and analyze use of the Website, to increase our Website's functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors' needs.
You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings, if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply, if you are using a different computer or internet browser. Some of the services may not work properly if you opt-out of cookies.
4. Your rights and choices
You may at any time request to access, rectify, complete, update, block, move, or delete your personal data, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless you enroll in one of our studies, where special rules apply that you would agree to before enrolling, you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your health data at any time, by contacting us a email@example.com, in which case we will delete that information.
5. Confidentiality and security
Other than for the potential disclosures described in Section 4 above, we limit access to personal data about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that personal data to provide products or Websites to you or in order to do their jobs. All our employees engaged in processing personal data have been obligated to maintain confidentiality. We also have adopted technical, physical, and administrative procedures that are adequate to help protect personal data about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Website, but we cannot warrant the security of any personal data you transmit to us. Even the largest enterprises of the world have been experiencing data vulnerabilities. We are committed to keep your information safe at all times.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary to provide the requested service or until you withdraw your consent, unless we are obliged by law to retain the data.
6. International Transfers of Information
We may transfer the information we collect from you through the Website to a server outside the United States. That server’s processing of the information will be subject to the strict data protection law of the European Union.
8. Questions and suggestions
This website is not intended for and should not be used by individuals under the age of 18.