The WILLOW Study is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational medicine for patients with Non-Cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (NCFBE). The study will compare this medicine with a dummy (placebo) medicine.
Who can take part?
In order to take part in the WILLOW Study, you will need to review the full checklist of criteria – found on the Eligibility page. Some of the basic criteria that you must meet are:
- Be aged between 18–85 years old
- Have a history of NCFBE that has been confirmed by your doctor
- Have suffered at least 2 exacerbations in the previous 12 months
- Not be currently treated for nontuberculous mycobacterial lung infection, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, or tuberculosis
- Not be pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or nursing a baby
- Meet all of the other requirements needed for participation in the study - to be checked by the Study Centre doctor (as part of a screening visit).
- Other requirements will be reviewed in detail with you by the Study Centre staff, if you meet the required criteria above, and Study Centre staff think that you may be eligible to participate in the Willow Study, you may be invited to and attend a Screening visit to verify your responses and perform further tests to confirm your eligibility for participation in the WILLOW Study.